Come and help celebrate the launch of our e-Book!
On Utøya: Anders Breivik, right terror, racism and Europe.
6.30pm – Wednesday 26 October 2011 – Upstairs at the Norfolk Hotel
305 Cleveland Street. Cnr of Cleveland and Walker Streets. See a map of the location here.
We are appreciative that the book will be launched by:
- Lee Rhiannon, Greens Senator, Australian Parliament
- Antony Loewenstein, Independent freelance journalist and author of My Israel Question
- Elizabeth Humphrys (Left Flank blog and Sydney based writer)
- Guy Rundle (columnist for Crikey and regular contributor to the Sunday Age)
- Tad Tietze (Left Flank blog and writer on ABC’s The Drum)
Contributors to the e-Book:
- Antony Loewenstein (Independent freelance journalist and author of My Israel Question)
- Anindya Bhattacharyya (London based writer and activist)
- Jeff Sparrow (Editor of ‘Overland Journal’ and author of Killing: Misadventures in Violence)
- Lizzie O’Shea (public interest litigator)
- Richard Seymour (author of The Liberal Defence of Murder and creator of the blog Lenin’s Tomb)
- Elizabeth Humphrys
- Guy Rundle
- Tad Tietze
About On Utøya
Anders Behring Breivik’s murderous rampage on Utøya Island cannot be understood abstracted from the social and political conjuncture in which it emerged. The rise in far Right, racist and Islamophobic commentary, websites and organisations provide an essential context in which Brevik’s ideas developed and his actions were planned. On Utøya: Anders Breivik, right terror, racsim and Europe looks at this social context, the reaction to the event by far Right commentators, and what is needed in a Left strategy to deal with the growing threat of far Right organising.