ONLY ONE WEEK TO GO!
The inaugural Historical Materialism Australasia 2012 Conference is on next Friday and Saturday in Sydney, featuring a wide range of Marxist scholars and activists (and activist-scholars!) presenting new research on political economy, philosophy, human rights, democracy, history, culture and more. One look at the program will tell you this is shaping up to be a very exciting event.
Among our international speakers we’re very proud to have:
- Peter Thomas, author of the award-winning The Gramscian Moment, lecturer at Brunel University, London, and a member of the Historical Materialism editorial board (pictured). He’ll be delivering the keynote address on Friday, on “The Idea of Communism and Questions of Organisation”
- Sara Farris, lecturer in European Studies at Kings College London. She’ll be speaking “On The Muslim (Women) Question” at the closing plenary on Saturday
For much more information you can look at the conference website here.
The finalised program can be seen here.
A full list of abstracts
should also be up on the website later today is now up for your perusal.
Online pre-sale tickets can be bought via here.
- Please note: Tickets are $70/40 for the whole two-day event and will be more on the door. It is essential for those presenting papers to pre-register for the whole event.
- The online pre-sales are via PayPal. If you don’t have PayPal please contact us via email@example.com and we can help you arrange a direct deposit.
- Unfortunately, we won’t have EFTPOS or credit card facilities at the venue, so payment at the door will need to be with cash. However, there are plenty of banks & ATMs within minutes of the venue.
There will be an official HM bookstall co-organised with Haymarket Books. This will feature facilities to order other Haymarket books and the HM journal & book series at discount rates for conference participants. A limited number of other small stalls will be operating during the event.
- If you have any other queries please feel free to email us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tad Tietze, Jess Whyte & Rory Dufficy (HMA 2012 Organising Collective)